Oct 10, 2015

#bakingwithmonica: Walnuts & Cinnamon Streusel Cake

Hello friends!
I'm starting a new series on my blog called #bakingwithmonica :) I love baking cakes and cookies and all sorts of yummy goodness so I thought I could share a few recipes with my readers. Hope you enjoy!

Sundays are usually baking days around here and this time it was experiment day. I made Walnuts & Cinnamon Streusel Cake for the first time and it turned out looking not as good as I hoped but as delicious as expected.


Ingredients:
Cake batter
- 1 stick of butter soften
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 and 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sour cream

(I couldn't find sour cream so I used 200 mL of heavy cream with a little of lemon juice, which I left at room temperature for about 30 minutes)

I simply mixed all the dry ingredients in a bowl and the wet ones in a separate one and then combined all.


Topping
- 1 and 3/4 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 stick of cold butter
- 1/2 cup of walnuts

Just mix it all and rub it in between your fingers to break up the butter in small pieces.

Filling
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of walnuts

When putting the batter in the pan fill it with about half the batter, add the filling mixture and then pour the rest of the batter and finally sprinkle the topping. And it's ready to bake at 190 ÂșC for about 55 minutes or until it's golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.


Glaze
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp of milk

Wait until the cake is at room temperature before glazing it or it will end up soaking up the glaze like mine did :/


And there you have it, a delicious and "fally" cake to enjoy with a nice cup of coffee! :)




Hope you try this recipe, and if you do tag me on social media so I can see your beautiful pictures!


Post a Comment

© Monica Gomes. Design by Fearne.